My name is Emma McGowan and I'm an illustrator and surface pattern designer living and working in Brighton, a sunny seaside city on the south coast of England.
I thrive on creative collaboration with clients who are looking for beautiful fresh designs and a flexible and reliable creative partner.
I specialise in hand lettering, illustration and pattern for editorial, greetings, stationery, wall art, paper products and gifts. Everything is hand drawn and then layered and coloured digitally.
My work is available to license and buy outright, and I'm always happy to talk about commissions and collaborations.
Andrews McMeel Publishing I Big Wheel Press | Elderflower Fields Festival | The Guardian I Michael O'Mara Books I Robert Kaufman | Sussex Tweed } Quarto Publishing I Workman Publishing
- Snailway Artist 2018
- Semi Finalist 2016 Global Talent Search
- Finalist MIID Printsource Competition 2016
- Selected to feature in the 2016 Uppercase Creative Calendar
- Semi Finalist 2015 Global Talent Search
- Featured in Pattern Mix: showcase of best 100 emerging pattern designers
- Brighton Open Houses 2018
- National Stationery Show 2017 & 2018
- Surtex 2016 & 2017
- Quilt Market 2016
- Print & Pattern: Christmas Collection - Emma McGowan
- Print & Pattern: Cards - Emma McGowan
- Pattern Observer: Featured Designer - Emma McGowan
- Print & Pattern: Surtex 2017 - Emma McGowan
- Rise Design & Shine: Surtex Preview
- Stationery Trends: Back in Black
- Make Art That Sells Showcase
- Print & Pattern: Christmas 2016
- MOYO Magzine: Issue 9, page 83
- Print & Pattern: Surtex 2016 - Emma McGowan
- Make Art That Sells: Alumni Success
- Total Art Licensing Magazine
- Art & Design Licensing Source Book: Four Corners, Two Shows
- Pattern Observer: Four Corners Art Collective Surtex Preview
- SURTEX Official Newsletter: Testing the Waters? First-Time Exhibitors Plunge Right in
- Make It In Design: Graduate Interview
- SURTEX Official Newsletter: Traveling 24,000+ Miles to Collect Themselves at Surtex