My name is Emma McGowan and I'm an English illustrator and surface pattern designer living in Brighton, a sunny seaside city on the south coast of England, just an hour from London.
I thrive on creative collaboration and I'm actively seeking clients who are looking for beautiful, fresh designs, and a flexible and reliable creative partner.
I specialise in hand lettering, illustration and pattern for greetings, stationery, wall art, editorial and gifts. Everything is hand drawn, painted or printed, and then layered and coloured digitally in PhotoShop to create texture and depth.
My work is available to license and buy outright, and I'm always happy to talk about commissions and collaborations. Just email email@example.com
Big Wheel Press | The Guardian I Michael O'Mara Books I Quarto Publishing I Workman Publishing I Andrews McMeel Publishing I American Flat
- Semi Finalist 2016 Global Talent Search
- Finalist MIID Printsource Competition 2016
- Selected to feature in the 2016 Uppercase Creative Calendar
- Semi Finalist 2015 Global Talent Search
- Featured in Pattern Mix: showcase of best 100 emerging pattern designers
- Stationery Trends: Back in Black
- Make Art That Sells Showcase
- Print & Pattern: Christmas 2016
- MOYO Magzine: Issue 9, page 83
- Print & Pattern: Surtex 2016 - Emma McGowan
- Make Art That Sells: Alumni Success
- Total Art Licensing Magazine
- Art & Design Licensing Source Book: Four Corners, Two Shows
- Pattern Observer: Four Corners Art Collective Surtex Preview
- SURTEX Official Newsletter: Testing the Waters? First-Time Exhibitors Plunge Right in
- Make It In Design: Graduate Interview
- SURTEX Official Newsletter: Traveling 24,000+ Miles to Collect Themselves at Surtex